Sunday, August 8, 2010

Inception

It's been a little while since my last entry due to being out of town but upon my travels I discovered quite a few little things... Found some new music, a Spanish band and a few cool new remixes. But firstly, I wanted to uncover what all the fuss was about in Christopher Nolan's new film Inception. I was beginning to question the hype surrounding it after having partaken in several conversations on the film and reading 5-star reviews but I came to the conclusion that I could only really judge for myself. I watched the film, and being a big Nolan fan was blown away. Not by the plot, I thought the plot was lacking and a little tricky but by the cinematography and special effects. I knew walking into the cinema that it would be a full on film after having watched The Prestige and his box-office smash The Dark Knight which were both filled with awe-amazing eye jerking grabs. Yet I was a little scared that Freudian and Lacanian theory, the interpretation of dreams, would and could possibly be lost in Hollywood glamour. Fortunately, I was wrong. I walked out with several endings, several different interpretations of the film which were unlike other people's I had spoken to... The love of film!

No comments:

Post a Comment